Panko Parmesan Chicken Recipe5/03/2013
So I decided that since I bought a pretty big container of Panko bread crumbs, I would try to use it up in the next couple of weeks. I'm only halfway done with the panko mix. I did try out sorted food's Mac N Cheese balls, and omg it was so delicious! I didn't have brisket, so there wasn't a meat center in my version of the recipe. So this is a quick recipe that I came up with really quickly for a simple dinner. And the best part, you can eat these as a snack!
Panko Parmesan Chicken Recipe:
1 cup of Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon Any type of nut/seed crushed. (I believe I used sunflower seeds)
1/4 cup flour
1 Tablespoon Parsley
2 to 3 cups Olive Oil for frying (Or any other type of oil, but I prefer using Olive oil)
A pinch of Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Place Flour in one bowl
2. Place egg in a separate bowl. Mix well with a fork. If you want, add a little salt and pepper to the egg mix.
3. Combine parmesan cheese, crushed nut/seed, panko bread crumbs, Parsley, garlic powder, and salt and pepper in another bowl. Mix well with a fork.
4. Take chicken breast out of packaging, and cut into smaller and thinner pieces.
5. Take chicken place it in the flour mixture, then egg, then the panko mix. Set aside.
6. Pour some oil into a non stick pot. Wait for the oil to get hot. Drop a small piece of chicken into the oil to check to see if it's ready.
7. Place chicken in the pot with a pair of tongs.
8. Cook till crispy brown on the outside.
Note: If you are using frozen chicken breast, remember to put your chicken on the refrigerated side for 24 hours before attempting this recipe. If you don't, your chicken might still be raw in the inside, if you cook it from frozen.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Mayonnaise Recipe:
1/4 cup Light Mayonnaise
1/2 Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/2 Olive Oil
1/4 Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
Mix all the items in a bowl. Serve with the Panko Parmesan Chicken. For those of you who don't like mayonnaise you can always replace it, with sour cream.
And here are some pictures of the mac n cheese balls! Thanks to #sortedfood and Ben Ebbrell!
(The last picture was taken via instagram. Sorry about the blurriness!)
P.S. Don't forget to enter my 400 followers giveaway here, and the Piece & Tranquility giveaway here!
Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Tumblr | Instagram