Gel Nails for the Everyday Girl!5/08/2014
Hey guys! So today I have a quick tutorial for you girls out there! I love painting my nails, but after a couple of days my nails have a tendency to chip, and doesn't that always suck? Well lo and behold, I found a really awesome way to keep my nail polish from chipping: Gel nails. Now I know what you are thinking, "But I don't want to spend $80 on a curing lamp!" And I totally get that. I mean I wouldn't either, because for one thing that's money that can be spent elsewhere. So this is where I present for you guys an amazing item that I discovered a couple of months ago, but just recently started using: Gelous nail polish. This gel polish only cost me $4.99 (I think the reason was because it was on sale), but it is still super affordable at $5.99 a bottle!
You can purchase this from any Sally Beauty Supply (that's where I got mine!). And OMFG this stuff is amazing.
1. First off, you put on one thin coat of the Gelous nail polish on your nails. Wait 2 minutes.
2. Put a thin coat of colored polish of your choice. Wait 2 minutes
3. Put another thin coat of Gelous polish on your nails. Wait 2 minutes
4. Put another thin of coat of colored polish of your choice. Wait 2 minutes.
5. Put a top coat on your nails (I prefer Seche Vite). Wait 2 minutes.
6. Then put the last thin coat of Gelous nail polish on your nails. Wait around 5 minutes to let all your nails dry out. Try not to touch anything with your nails for a while, you don't want to smear your nails.
Now I have to say, this Gelous nail polish works pretty well. i did try this on a bright red color, and it was a disaster. So now I stick with pastels, when I use this gel nail polish.
By the way, if you are wondering what type of polishes work best, look for polishes that have a thick brush, like OPI. I personally really love Essie, so that's why I always gravitate towards them, but their brushes are thin, and difficult to work with.
This won't last 2 weeks, like a gel manicure from the salon, but it will last you a good week! Which is good in my case, because that means that I will be able to do more things in my spare time!
BLOGLOVIN' - TWITTER - SHOP - FACEBOOK - PINTEREST - TUMBLR - INSTAGRAM